Chris’s 7 World Wonders
I am very fortunate to have visited 6 of the 7 Wonders of the World (plus the one honouree member).
It wasn’t planned initially but probably only came into being a target of mine after the third or forth wonder.
Below I have ranked in my order from favourite to least:
1. Macchu Pichu – July 2011 (Took 3 days to get there via the Inca Trail, but well worth it)
2. The Great Wall – April 2012 and March 2013 (Been to two different sites. When you see it you do ‘wonder’ how the hell they built it!!)
3. Petra – Nov 2009 (would love to go again and take better photos, probably didn’t appreciate it as much when I was there)
4. The Collesium – August 2011 (when you stand and look at it and imagine being there all those years ago….wow)
5. Taj Mahal – January 2010 (impressive and such precision in the design)
6. The Pyramids – March 2010 (ok so they are not officially in the list but where in the initial world wonders. I actually expected them to be better, not sure how??)
7. Christ The Redeemer – August 2009 (Personally don’t think it should be one of the 7. However, the scenery around Sugar Loaf Mountain is spectacular so hope this is why it was voted in rather than the statue itself).
Only Chichen Itza stands in my way of completing the full set. Annoyingly, this is the only World Wonder that my parents have been to!!
Of the other nominees for World Wonder status, we have been to: (* means Chris only)
- Hagia Sofia, Turkey
- The Eiffel Tower, France *
- Stonehenge, England
- Kiyomizu Temple, Japan *
- Sydney Opera House, Australia *
- Angkor Watt, Cambodia
- Statue of Liberty, USA *